The BEST Brownies. Super fudgey, rich and chocolatey. The BEST Brownies you will ever eat!
I perfected The BEST Chocolate Cake, now it’s time to perfect brownies!
Brownies are one of my favorite desserts. I prefer them served warm with a big scoop of ice cream on top. I also like walnuts in mine for an added crunch.
Here’ what makes these brownies AMAZING:
- Brown Butter: Adds so much flavor and extra nuttiness to the brownies.
- Less Flour: Makes for a fudgey, chewier brownie.
- Brown Sugar: Gives extra moisture to the brownie versus granulated sugar. Brown sugar also gives the brownies extra flavor.
- Coffee: Instant coffee granules bring out the cocoa flavor in the brownies.
These Brownies come out soft and chewy on the outside and firm around the edges. Just how I like my brownies.
This recipe is also extremely simple to make. No mixer required. Simply brown the butter, stir in sugars, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then fold in the rest of the ingredients. That’s it!
The BEST Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- walnuts, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray or grease with butter. Set aside.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until light brown / caramel in color. 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep and eye on it so butter does not burn. It also helps to use a light colored saucepan for this.
- Pour browned butter into a large bowl along with both sugars, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee granules and baking powder. Stir until combined and allow to rest for 5 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix until batter has a nice sheen to it.
- Fold in the flour and stir until combined. (Do not over mix)
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and lift out the aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Cut into 9 brownies and serve.