Super Tender Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Meatballs. Serve as an appetizer or add rice to make it a meal! Perfect appetizer for tailgating!
I love meatballs! They are so easy to make, versatile and can be made in advance for quick weeknight meals.
These Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Meatballs are smothered in an asian sesame sauce. Made of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil and sweet chili sauce. If you want a bit of spice add in some crushed red pepper flakes or sriracha. The meatballs are sweet with a bit of tang.
I like to brown the meatballs in a super hot skillet before adding them to the slow cooker. This adds tons of flavor and gives them a nice caramelization on the outside.
I love cooking with a Slow Cooker. Throw everything together and let it work it’s magic. These meatballs take 2 hours to cook in the slow cooker and can be made in advance and kept warm if you are serving them at a party.
There is not much binder in the meatballs just enough to hold them together. I added panko breadcrumbs and egg as a binder. I flavored the meatballs with fresh garlic and green onions.
While the meatballs are browning in the skillet I like to whisk together my sauce. Throw everything together into a slow cooker and let it cook on low for 2 hours. That’s it!
These meatballs are the perfect appetizer for tailgating and football season.
Love these Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Meatballs? Here are some more meatball recipes to try!
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Meatballs
- Teriyaki Beef Meatballs
- Turkey Meatballs with Arugula and Mushrooms
- Asian Style Chicken Meatballs
Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, (green and white parts) chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sliced green onions for garnish, if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Add ground beef, pork, eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic and chives to a large bowl.
- With your hand or a spoon mix to combine. Do not overmix.
- Roll into 24 meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet with oil. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side. You do not want to cook the meatballs just brown them.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sweet chili sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Set aside.
- Add the browned meatballs to the slow cooker and top with the soy sauce mixture.
- Cook on low for 2 hours. Stir gently a couple of times making sure not to break up the meatballs.
- Serve with green onions and sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.