Easy Lemon Blueberry Bread. Super moist, tender and loaded with blueberries! Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
I was never a fan of lemon in desserts until recently and now I can’t get enough of them! This lemon and blueberry loaf is loaded with fresh blueberries and is bursting with tons of lemon flavor!
The bread is not too sweet, soft on the inside and crisp and crunchy on the corners (the end piece is my favorite!) Plus it comes together in minutes. All you need for this recipe is two bowls. No stand mixer needed!
I used both lemon juice and lemon zest to make sure this loaf cake had lots of lemon flavor!
To top the bread I pour on a simple glaze (powdered sugar + lemon juice). It is amazing on this bread!!
Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon milk, or more as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to a medium bowl, set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, lemon juice, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk in two additions to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in lemon zest and blueberries. Make sure not to over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 30 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the bread is cool pour on the glaze and serve!
- Combine the ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.